BEST OF TOASTMASTERS EAST AFRICA (BOTEA) CONFERENCE- 2017
KIGALI – RWANDA.
Public speaking contest and conference bringing Toastmasters from Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania &Uganda to Kigali, Rwanda on the 23rd & 24th June, 2017.
In today’s world, we are constantly faced with or will find ourselves in situations where we will be asked to give a speech, make a presentation, or just deliver a few words. The ability to speak confidently and convincingly to an audience therefore is such a crucial skill to possess, not only for professional or work purposes, but also for personal and everyday life. However, it seems to be the least common of all natural abilities of humankind.
For over 92 years, a cost-effective, public speaking solution has been tested, tried and used across the world, Toastmasters education program. The program is run by Toastmasters International which is a nonprofit educational organization that operates in clubs worldwide for the purpose of helping members improve their communication, public speaking, and leadership skills. Through its thousands of member clubs, it offers a program of communication and leadership projects designed to help members learn the art of speaking, listening, and thinking.
Since 2014, Toastmasters members in East Africa meet in a conference every year to learn from each other, network, strategically plan for Toastmasters in the region but also conduct East Africa’s biggest public speaking contest dubbed “Best of Toastmasters East Africa” (BOTEA).
This year, members of all the Toastmasters clubs in the East Africa (EA) region are gathering in Kigali, wanda for mega event, learn from each other as they showcase their prowess in public through speaking contests, judged on different attributes of that make great speakers.
The conference will be hosted be run from 23rd to 24th June 2017 at MARRIOTT HOTEL.
- An opportunity for participants to discover and learn more about Communication and Leadership and how the Toastmasters Education program approaches the two critical skills.
- An opportunity for the clubs to gauge their efficacy in improving the public speaking and Leadership skills of their members.
- A great learning opportunity for individuals, both Toastmasters members and non-members, as they more experienced Toastmasters in action.
- An ideal environment for recruiting potential members for our respective
- An opportunity the clubs to launch the East African Territorial council, that will foster the growth of Toastmasters clubs in the region in order to accelerate the build-up of the requisite number of clubs required to form a (East Africa) Toastmasters district.